Forms & Important Zoning Information.
The Purpose of Zoning Review: To assure the appropriate use of land insofar as a variety of subjects are concerned, including but not limited to:
- To keep proposed land uses consistent with those permitted by the Zoning Ordinance and Map.
- Limiting the intensity of building by assuring the setback of buildings, parking lots, etc., from property lines.
- Checking the amount of impervious surface created by building, parking lots, etc., that may affect storm water runoff.
- Registering and controlling the expansion of “grandfathered” (called non-conforming) features and activities that do not conform to current regulations.
- Temporary events
- Note: Printed copies of the Zoning Ordinance are available for $35
The Process of Zoning Relief:
Those wishing to conduct a new activity or install a new physical feature on a given property within the Township, apply for a zoning permit with a standard application (available at the Township) with all pertinent plans and information. Zoning permits are issued if the activity or structure proposed conforms to the Zoning Ordinance. Otherwise, the applicant is contacted explaining the deficiency(ies). The applicant whose permit is denied has the option of appealing to the Zoning Hearing Board by completing a Zoning Appeal Application.
Zoning Hearing Board meetings are usually held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM, are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend. Appeals – with all pertinent information – must be received at the Township approximately four weeks prior to the hearing, in order to meet State advertising requirements.
For Zoning Questions – Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Code Enforcement Questions Contact- Shawn Leidy at email@example.com
ZONING HEARING BOARD:
Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board meeting is held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM only if a Zoning Appeal or Special Exception Application has been submitted. The meetings are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend.
For Zoning Board meeting information, agendas, and minutes, click here
The Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board consists of five members appointed for three year terms:
Michael J. McCrystal – Chairman
Paul A. Szewczak – Member
Andrew Snyder- Member
Todd A. Greenawalt – Member
Jeff Fleischaker- Member
Jay Rohatgi- Alternate
Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor:
Steckel & Stopp Law Offices
PO Box 156 1036 Main Street
Slatington, PA 18080-0159