Forms & Important Zoning Information.
The Purpose of Zoning Review: To assure the appropriate use of land insofar as a variety of subjects are concerned, including but not limited to:
- To keep proposed land uses consistent with those permitted by the Zoning Ordinance and Map.
- Limiting the intensity of building by assuring the setback of buildings, parking lots, etc., from property lines.
- Checking the amount of impervious surface created by building, parking lots, etc., that may affect storm water runoff.
- Registering and controlling the expansion of “grandfathered” (called non-conforming) features and activities that do not conform to current regulations.
- Temporary events
- Note: Printed copies of the Zoning Ordinance are available for $35
The Process of Zoning Relief:
Those wishing to conduct a new activity or install a new physical feature on a given property within the Township, apply for a zoning permit with a standard application (available at the Township) with all pertinent plans and information. Zoning permits are issued if the activity or structure proposed conforms to the Zoning Ordinance. Otherwise, the applicant is contacted explaining the deficiency(ies). The applicant whose permit is denied has the option of appealing to the Zoning Hearing Board by completing a Zoning Appeal Application.
Zoning Hearing Board meetings are usually held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM, are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend. Appeals – with all pertinent information – must be received at the Township approximately four weeks prior to the hearing, in order to meet State advertising requirements.
- Zoning Appeal Application
- Zoning Interpretation Application
- Zoning Escrow Agreement & W-9 (required with ALL Appeal submissions)
- 2021 Zoning Hearing Board & Planning Commission Submission Deadlines
- 2021 Zoning Fee Schedule- Permits, Appeals, Hearings, Reviews & Other Fees
- Code of Ordinances
- Upper Macungie Township Zoning Map
- Upper Macungie Township Street Classification Map
- Zoning Permit Applications:
- Authorization for Entry of the Premises
- Complaint Form
- Use Review Form (pre-payment is required for processing)
- Home Occupations:
For Zoning Questions contact- Dan DeMeno email@example.com
For Code Enforcement Questions Contact- Shawn Leidy firstname.lastname@example.org
ZONING HEARING BOARD:
Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM, are only held if a Zoning Appeal or Special Exception Application has been submitted. The meetings are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend. Current monthly meeting schedule. For Zoning Board meeting information, agendas, and minutes Click Here.
The Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board consists of five members appointed for three year terms:
Michael J. McCrystal – Chairman
Donald W. Peters – Vice-Chairman
Paul A. Szewczak – Member
Robert R. Rabe – Member
Todd A. Greenawalt – Member
Andrew Snyder- Alternate
Jitesh Rohatgi- Alternate
Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor:
Steckel & Stopp Law Offices
PO Box 156 1036 Main Street
Slatington, PA 18080-0159