Trick or Treat Night has been POSTPONED to Sunday, October 31st from 6:00pm- 8:00pm. HAVE FUN!
It is the goal of the Upper Macungie Township Police Department to keep children SAFE year-round, and that includes Halloween season and trick-or-treat night. Your local police officers want you to know that it is important for your children to practice good safety habits, but it is just as important for parents to supervise their children properly for their children’s safety. We’d like to share some tips that will help parents and children remain safe as they venture out into the darkness to show off their costumes and collect goodies this Halloween:
• Trick-or-treat is always more fun (and safe) in groups than alone. Walk in groups and always with an adult.
• Keep a flashlight handy, and when you see vehicles approaching, be sure that you use the flashlight to alert motorists of your presence.
• It’s not a race! Take your time and WALK from house to house, don’t run. If there are crosswalks and sidewalks, use them!
• If there are no sidewalks, walk to the far left of the roadway as possible. When vehicles approach, step off the roadway until the car passes.
• See a hazardous situation? Possibly a motorist who is driving recklessly? We want to know about it NOW. Contact Lehigh County Communications non-emergency police dispatch at 610-437-5252. Always use 911 in emergencies.
The Upper Macungie Township Police Department will be increasing neighborhood patrols on trick-or-treat night in an effort to ensure safe conditions for all families participating in this event.