UMT has 12 beautiful New Pickleball Courts at Grange Park! Our courts are home to several very active Pickleball groups, Beginner Lessons, and several Tournaments! See below for more details on how to get in the game!
NEW for 2021: The Pickleball Ladder League starting July 21st!
When: Running July 21st- August 25th (6 weeks). Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm
Where: Grange Park Pickleball Courts
What: Ladder-format league play with the winning doubles team moving up a court, and the losing team move down a court. Players will begin each week with court assignments according to play from the previous week. Substitutions are allowed and are the responsibility of the registrants. Refunds will not be given for absences.
Cost: Pre-Registration required. Fee is $60 for all 6 weeks
How to Register:
- Go to the UMT Rec Online Portal
- Create an account
- Click “Programs” in the main menu, then click “Adult” Programs
- Scroll down to Pickleball Ladder League and click the green “Register Now” button
- Follow the prompts through the waiver and form to complete your registration/checkout
Questions about the Ladder League? Email Organizer Bret Spangler
UMT Recreation’s First Pickleball Tournament Fundraiser was a HUGE success!
The UMT Spring Shoot Out Pickleball Tournament Fundraiser at Grange Park exceeded all expectations! This event could not have happened without; over 50 resident pickleball-loving volunteers, our generous sponsors, UMT Park & Recreation Board members, The Friends of UMT Parks & Recreation, and UMT Staff. The registration was full, showing the excitement and engagement of the pickleball community for a tournament in their backyard. The best part- all proceeds from this fundraiser are immediately being put towards Park improvements and beautification. Thank you again to all involved in The Spring Shoot Out 2020!
Thank you 2020 EVENT SPONSOR: Mercedes-Benz
Thank you BANNER SPONSORS:
Looking for Pickleball Beginner lessons?
UMT has a great Pickleball community! Lehigh Valley Pickleball is a Facebook page created by resident Bret Spangler. It is a great resource to find local players, or find those willing to teach beginners locally. Visit the Facebook page or email Bret at email@example.com.
Beginner Lessons: email USAPA Ambassador Andrea Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 610737-7957. Check out USAPA (USA Pickleball Association) for more information on Pickleball, and how to get involved in our area!
Pickleball Court Locations:
- Grange Park (12 Dedicated Pickleball courts)
- 360 Grange Road, Allentown, PA 18104
- Blue Barn Park (lines painted on tennis courts)
- 5770 Snowy Orchid Lane, Allentown, Pa 18104
Paddles and balls can also be purchased at:
- www.pickleballcentral.com– use coupon code CRLehighValley to receive 5% off
- MENTION “Lehigh Valley Pickleball Club” and you will help them receive 5% in credit to purchase equipment!
Previous Fun Events:
Thank you for participating in the REAL MEN WEAR PINK TOURNAMENT!