Police Patrol Officer – Upper Macungie Township, PA
The Upper Macungie Township Police Department (UMTPD) is accepting cover letters and current resumes from interested and qualified candidates for our eligibility list for the position of full time police patrol officer. Must be Act 120 certified and currently serving as a full time police officer.
Are you looking for an excellent place to work? A place that offers a diversity of calls and surroundings, that challenges you to think for yourself and a department that provides job satisfaction? If so, then the Upper Macungie Township Police Department (UMTPD) is the place for you. We require an upbeat attitude, a desire to perform the difficult tasks of a police officer, including patrol, accident investigations, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations and arrests along with the motivation to do an exceptional job. Above all, we pride ourselves on hiring police officers who value having a deep connection with the people they serve.
The UMTPD is seeking candidates who wish to enjoy a work environment dedicated to community service and law enforcement within a values guided police agency. In Upper Macungie Township, we are fortunate to work in a community that values our services and supports our efforts to keep the community safe. In return, we strive to connect and partner with our community members on a daily basis. We are seeking motivated Police Officers who possess a strong drive for self-initiated police work while operating within a team based environment. We are only seeking proactive team players with a high desire to achieve and thrive professionally and on an individual and team basis.
GENERAL INFORMATION – The agency currently has a sworn staff of 29 officers and serves a population of approximately 26,000 citizens in a coverage area of 26 square miles. The agency is an accredited member of the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Accreditation program and prides itself on our community service. We strive to offer the highest quality of police services to our community.
- Applicants must be Act 120 certified and currently serve as a full time police officer.
- If you do not meet the above requirement, please apply via the Lehigh County Police Test Consortium.
- Applicants considered for employment must be of good moral character.
- Applicants must be physically and psychologically able to perform the duties of the position of a UMTPD Police Officer.
- Officers, at the time of their appointment, must be a resident of Pennsylvania and possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- All applicants must possess a diploma from an accredited high school or graduate equivalency diploma.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- Applicants may not have any misdemeanor or felony convictions.
- Selected applicants must participate in an oral interview, a physical agility test, polygraph, background screening, psychological, physical and drug screen prior to appointment.
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER: Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to the Chief of Police for consideration for employment. Correspondence may be submitted via email to Office Manger Keri Diehl at email@example.com or correspondence may be either mailed / delivered in person in an envelope marked:
Upper Macungie Township Police Department
Attn: Keri Diehl, Office Manager
37 Grim Road
Breinigsville, PA 18031
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted no later than December 27, 2021, at 1200 hours (noon).