Is my event a “Special Event?” Do I need a permit?
- Event on Township Property or Facilities- If your event is “above and beyond normal usage” of Township facilities/property, then it is a special event, and will require a Special Event Permit (Recreation Department). See below for more information.
- NOTE: applications must be submitted 3 months in advance of your event to allow necessary approvals. All Special Events must be approved by Township Department Heads and the Township Manager. Certain Special Events will require approval from the Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors meet once a month on the first Thursday of each month. Please account for this in your planning timeline.
- Event on Private Property- if your event will occur on private property you must submit a Special Events Permit Application (Private Property- Permits Department three months in advance of your event date.
Examples of Special Events may include;
- Sporting events/tournaments with large attendance and or registration fees
- Programs with registration fees not approved/offered by UMT Recreation
- Block Parties
- Events with multiple vendors
How to Request Approval for your Special Event on Township Property:
- Check Facility Availability– if you would like to use a Park Pavilion or Ballfield, you must check the availability prior to submitting the Special Event Permit
- firstname.lastname@example.org 610-395-4892
- putting the facility on Hold prior to submission of Permit Application is highly recommended
- Print/Download the Special Event Permit
- Submit completed Permit Application to: Lynn Matula, Recreation & Events Coordinator- email@example.com or 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Make sure any additional information or documentation is attached (Insurance, Licenses, Vendor Applications…)
- UMT Staff will review your application. It will then be sent to the Board of Supervisors.
- You are encouraged to attend this meeting to answer any questions the Board may have
- Board of Supervisor Approval- The Recreation & Events Coordinator will then update you on the decision of the Board
Looking for Hotel information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in having your Special Event in Upper Macungie Township!