Are you looking to hold a Special Event in Upper Macungie Township? Below you will find important information on what is required for a Special Event.
Is my event a “Special Event?” Do I need a permit?
If your event is “above and beyond normal usage” of Township facilities, then it is a special event, and will require a Special Event Permit. The Permit can be found within the instructions below. NOTE: All Special Events must be approved by The Upper Macungie Township Board of Supervisors, The Board of Supervisors meet once a month on the first Thursday of each month, Please account for this in your planning timeline.
Examples of Special Events Special Events could include;
- Sporting events/tournaments with large attendance and or registration fees
- Programs with registration fees not approved/offered by UMT Recreation
- Block Parties
- Events with multiple vendors
How to Request Approval for your Special Event:
- Check Facility Availability– if you would like to use a Park Pavilion or Ballfield, you must check the availability prior to submitting the Special Event Permit
- firstname.lastname@example.org 610-395-4892
- putting the facility on Hold prior to submission of Permit Application is highly recommended
- Print/Download the Special Event Permit
- Submit completed Permit Application to: Lynn Matula, Recreation & Events Coordinator- email@example.com or 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Make sure any additional information or documentation is attached (Insurance, Licenses, Vendor Applications…)
- UMT Staff will review your application. It will then be sent to the Board of Supervisors.
- You are encouraged to attend this meeting to answer any questions the Board may have
- Board of Supervisor Approval- The Recreation & Events Coordinator will then update you on the decision of the Board
Thank you for your interest in having your Special Event in Upper Macungie Township!