Are you looking to hold a Special Event in Upper Macungie Township? Below you will find important information on what is required for a Special Event.
Is my event a “Special Event?” Do I need a permit?
If your event is “above and beyond normal usage” of Township facilities, then it is a special event, and will require a Special Event Permit. The Permit can be found within the instructions below. NOTE: All Special Events must be approved by The Upper Macungie Township Board of Supervisors, The Board of Supervisors meet once a month on the first Thursday of each month, Please account for this in your planning timeline. If your special event occurs on private property, you will need to contact our Permit Department.
Examples of Special Events Special Events could include;
- Sporting events/tournaments with large attendance and or registration fees
- Programs with registration fees not approved/offered by UMT Recreation
- Block Parties
- Events with multiple vendors
How to Request Approval for your Special Event:
- Check Facility Availability– if you would like to use a Park Pavilion or Ballfield, you must check the availability prior to submitting the Special Event Permit
- firstname.lastname@example.org 610-395-4892
- putting the facility on Hold prior to submission of Permit Application is highly recommended
- Print/Download the Special Event Permit
- Submit completed Permit Application to: Lynn Matula, Recreation & Events Coordinator- email@example.com or 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Make sure any additional information or documentation is attached (Insurance, Licenses, Vendor Applications…)
- UMT Staff will review your application. It will then be sent to the Board of Supervisors.
- You are encouraged to attend this meeting to answer any questions the Board may have
- Board of Supervisor Approval- The Recreation & Events Coordinator will then update you on the decision of the Board
Looking for Hotel information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in having your Special Event in Upper Macungie Township!