WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT!
Refuse and recycling pickup is on a weekly basis. Are you a NEW RESIDENT? New Residents must come into the Township building to fill out a moving permit. You will be given the date when your trash cart will be delivered (for new construction only), and a map showing which zone you are in for trash pickup along with what day your pick up will be. Please review the important information below. Questions- Brenda Bower firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trash & Recycling Cart Quick Facts:
- WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT! Check the Holiday Pick-up schedule below.
- Upper Macungie Township provides each newly constructed home with one trash cart (you may select any size) and one recycle cart (choice of 35 or 65 gallon cart). Please see information regarding a Moving Permit
- Any residence may purchase ONE additional trash cart (maximum 2 per residence).
- Cart Purchase: Your second trash cart must be purchased. There are three different sizes as pictured above
- 35 gallon cart for $40
- 65 gallon cart for $50
- 95 gallon cart for $60
- PLEASE NOTE: carts are not returnable
- The Township will not exchange used trash carts or recycle carts for new ones.
- If unable to purchase and pick up a cart at the Township Building, complete this Order Form and mail to the Township with your check.
Waste Management Weather & Service Updates:
All complaints or missed pickups must be directed to Waste management Customer Service 1-800-869-5566. You must mention that you are an Upper Macungie Township Resident- Account Number 202-73576. Click here for these Waste Management service updates link.
Occasional changes to customer waste collection schedules are necessary. Please check occasionally for the latest information. Residents can also check WFMZ Closings regarding the status of Waste Managements closing or postponement of service.
Waste Management Holiday Schedule 2020/2021:
PLEASE NOTE FOR HOLIDAY PICK UPS: Service will be delayed beginning the day of the observed holiday listed below. Service for remainder of the week will be delayed one day.
Please place your trash cart out for collection the night before your pick up day at curb/or grass area several feet away from the mailbox, landscaping, or telephone poles. It should not be placed on the street. Your recycle bin can be placed several feet from the cart. As a reminder any trash placed outside your cart will not be collected. However, you can purchase another cart with no additional monthly cost. Residents are allowed to have a maximum of two 95 gallon carts.
Waste Pick-Up Information:
ONE-TIME YARD-WASTE PICK UP: Upper Macungie Township offers residents one-time curbside yard-waste pick up each year. Waste MUST BE PROPERLY PREPARED- Max of 6 containers. Open commercial trash containers only, no larger then 32 gallons weighing less than 60lbs. Branches must be tied/bundled to a max size of 48″x18″x18″ weighing 60lbs or less.
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- ACCEPTED: leaves (from trees, bushes & plants), shrubbery clippings, tree trimmings
- NOT ACCEPTED: grass clippings, roots from trees, Christmas Trees, or shrubs, lumber
BULK ITEM PICK UPS: At no additional cost, Upper Macungie Township residents may put out a single (one) bulk item for pickup per week. Please put the one bulk item 2 to 3 feet from your cart on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
WHITE GOODS PICKUP: For all white goods pickups such as: freezers, refrigerators, stoves, etc… all doors must be removed. Please call Waste Management Customer Service 1-800-869-5566 to schedule the pickup, and reference the UMT Account Number: 202-73576.
CHRISTMAS TREES: Must be dropped off at the Yard Waste Drop-Off Site. See hours below.