Upper Macungie Township’s waste hauler is Whitetail Disposal:
- To receive future text alerts regarding trash and recycling matters in Upper Macungie Township, text “UPPERMAC” to 24587
- Service details can be found on Whitetail Disposal’s website
- Put your Refuse & Recycling out the night before! Whitetail is keeping the same pick-up day schedule but time may arrive earlier than our previous hauler. We recommend residents put their refuse and recycling carts out the night before their designated pick-up day to ensure it is out in time.
For issues or questions regarding Refuse and Recycling Pick-up Contact:
CHRISTMAS TREE PICK UP will be on your regular refuse pick-up date beginning 1/10/22- 1/28/22 (3 weeks). Residents can still drop off Christmas trees at the UMT Yard Waste Drop off site if they prefer.
Trash & Recycling Cart Quick Facts
- Are you a NEW RESIDENT? You must submit a Moving Permit to the Township Municipal building. Upper Macungie Township provides each newly constructed home with one trash cart (you may select any size) and one recycle cart (choice of 35 or 65 gallon cart). You will be given a delivery date for you trash cart (new construction only), and a Trash Pickup Zone map showing what day your pickup will be. Questions- Donna Flisak email@example.com, or Dana Heller firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT! Check the Holiday Pick-up schedule below.
- Cart Purchase: Any residence may purchase a second trash and recycling cart (maximum 2 of each cart per residence). There are three different size carts as pictured above
- 35 gallon cart for $40
- 65 gallon cart for $50
- 95 gallon cart for $75
- 35 or 65 gallon recycle carts for $40 and $50 respectively
- PLEASE NOTE: carts are not returnable
- The Township will not exchange used trash carts or recycle carts for new ones.
- If unable to purchase and pick up a cart at the Township Building, complete this Trash Cart order form and mail to the Township with your check.
- Make sure to put your trash out for collection the night before your pick up day at curb/or grass area several feet away from the mailbox, landscaping, or telephone poles. It should not be placed on the street. Your recycle bin can be placed several feet from the cart. As a reminder any trash placed outside your cart will not be collected. However, you can purchase another cart with no additional monthly cost. Residents are allowed to have a maximum of two 95 gallon carts.
Waste Pick-Up Information:
2022 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: Please place materials curbside the night prior to your service day so we may guarantee collection
- New Year’s Day, Saturday, January 1st: NO SERVICE DAYS AFFECTED
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 30th: No pick-up. ALL SERVICE DAYS DELAYED BY ONE DAY
- Independence Day, Monday, July 4th: No pick-up. ALL SERVICE DAYS DELAYED BY ONE DAY
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5th: No pick-up. ALL SERVICE DAYS DELAYED BY ONE DAY
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24th: No pick-up. Thursday service will occur on Friday, and Friday service will occur on Saturday. *Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday service days will remain unaffected.*
- Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25th: NO SERVICE DAYS AFFECTED
- New Year’s Day 2023, Saturday, January 1st: NO SERVICE DAYS AFFECTED
CHRISTMAS TREE PICK UP on your regular refuse pick-up date beginning 1/10/22- 1/28/22 (3 weeks). Residents can still drop off Christmas trees at the UMT Yard Waste Drop off site if they prefer.
ONE-TIME YARD-WASTE PICK UP: Upper Macungie Township offers residents one-time curbside yard-waste pick up each year. Waste MUST BE PROPERLY PREPARED- Max of 6 containers. Open commercial trash containers only, no larger then 32 gallons weighing less than 60lbs. Branches must be tied/bundled to a max size of 48″x18″x18″ weighing 60lbs or less.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- ACCEPTED: leaves (from trees, bushes & plants), shrubbery clippings, tree trimmings
- NOT ACCEPTED: grass clippings, roots from trees, Christmas Trees, or shrubs, lumber
BULK ITEM PICK-UP: Bulk items can be scheduled for pickup by contacting the Whitetail Disposal office either via phone at 610-936-9967, or via email at email@example.com. Residents are limited to one item per week, and the item must have a size and weight that can be reasonably lifted by two persons. All bulk items should be scheduled by telephone or email prior to 11:00 AM on the day before your regularly scheduled service. Items not scheduled with enough notice will be picked up the following week.
WHITE GOODS PICK-UP: White goods are considered a Bulk Waste item. Residents must notify Whitetail Disposal, Inc., by telephone or email, no later than 11:00 AM prior to the scheduled pick-up service day. The white good item should be placed curbside with all doors removed. White Good Items include: Freezer, Refrigerator, Stove, Air Conditioner, Dishwasher, Dehumidifier, Water Softener. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-936-9967.