Upper Macungie Township’s waste hauler is Whitetail Disposal:
- To receive future text alerts regarding trash and recycling matters in Upper Macungie Township, text “UPPERMAC” to 24587
- Service details can be found on Whitetail Disposal’s website
- Put your Refuse & Recycling out the night before! Whitetail is keeping the same pick-up day schedule but time may arrive earlier than our previous hauler. We recommend residents put their refuse and recycling carts out the night before their designated pick-up day to ensure it is out in time.
For issues or questions regarding Refuse and Recycling Pick-up Contact:
Recycling & Refuse Services: Keeping UMT Clean & Green!
Phone: (610) 395-4892
A convenient spectrum of services for the regular disposal or recycling of standard household wastes are provided to Upper Macungie Township residents. Guidelines for the proper usage of these services are detailed in this section of the website. Should you have any questions, please email Upper Macungie Township’s Refuse/Recycling Departments; Donna Flisak firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS: The cardboard recycling dumpster currently located at the Township Municipal Building’s parking lot will be located across the street at the Public Works Campus (Grange Road). All recycling receptacles and the yard waste drop-off will now be in one location for Residents.
UMT Recycling Events:
THE ELECTRONIC RECYCLING EVENT- for Residents ONLY ID will be required. Yard Waste Cards not accepted
- April 10, 2021
- At Grange Road Park from 9am-1pm
- Accepted Items: TV Monitors (max of 3), computers & monitors, microwaves, household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs (NO APPLIANCES).
- Item Drop Off Instructions- load your items into your trunk, arrive wearing a mask, stay in your car and staff will get items out of your trunk.
THE SHREDDING EVENT- for Residents ONLY ID will be required. Yard Waste Cards not accepted
- May 22, 2021
- At Grange Road Park from 9am-1pm
- Accepted Items: PAPER DOCUMENTS ONLY. NO Photo Negatives, X-Rays, or heavy plastics. Staples do not need to be removed, limit 5 bags/boxes per person.
Thank you Senator Pat Browne, and Rep. Gary Day for Sponsoring our Shredding Event at Grange Park!
Other Recycling Events:
Lehigh County has rescheduled it’s Household Hazardous Waste Event for Saturday, November 14, 2020.
You must pre-register for this event. Pre-Registration will be available starting October 1, 2020 at the Lehigh County Website Hazardous Waste page.
If you missed the UMT Electronic Recycling event, below are two other options:
- AERC — 2591 Mitchell Avenue, Allentown, PA (off Emmaus Ave.) Open to Public on Fridays only from 9-4. Small fee for TV’s *** Does not accept Appliances.
- FreeCycle– 795 Roble Rd,Allentown (Near LV International Airport) 610-217-3868 Drop off Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 9-12 and 1-4. Also the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9-12 noon. There may be a fee.
2021 Recycling Holiday Schedule:
New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1st: Friday service moved to Saturday, all other service days unaffected
Memorial Day – Monday, May 31st: All service days delayed by one day
Independence Day – Sunday, July 4th: No service days affected
Labor Day – Monday, September 6th: All service days delayed by one day
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25th: Thursday and Friday service delayed one day, all other days unaffected
Christmas Day – Saturday, December 25th: No service days affected
- Cardboard Recycling Containers
- Senior Discount
- List of Materials to be Recycled
- Refuse/Recycling Map: Zoned Pickup Days
- Recycling Cart Instructions
- DEP Covered Device Recycling Act 108
- PA Department of Environmental Resources
Requirements to protect the quality of our groundwater and other important environmental concerns are also addressed here. Please review them all carefully and abide by them. By following the rules of responsible environmental stewardship, we can all work together to keep our home community clean and green. Thanks for doing your part!