Recycling & Refuse Services: Keeping UMT Clean & Green!
Upper Macungie Township
8330 Schantz Road
Breinigsville, Pa 18031
Phone: (610) 395-4892
A convenient spectrum of services for the regular disposal or recycling of standard household wastes are provided to Upper Macungie Township residents. Guidelines for the proper usage of these services are detailed in this section of the website. Should you have any questions, please email Upper Macungie Township’s Refuse/Recycling Coordinators; Nida Bhatti firstname.lastname@example.org or Brenda Bower email@example.com
Recycle Often. Recycle Right- Click the image for program details
UMT RECYCLING EVENTS:
THE ELECTRONIC RECYCLING EVENT- for Residents ONLY ID will be required. Yard Waste Cards not accepted
- May 30, 2020
- At Grange Road Park from 9am-2pm
- Accepted Items: TV Monitors (max of 3), computers & monitors, microwaves, household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs (NO APPLIANCES).
THE SHREDDING EVENT- for Residents ONLY ID will be required. Yard Waste Cards not accepted
- April 4, 2020- CANCELLED.
- At Grange Road Park from 9am-1pm
- Accepted Items: PAPER DOCUMENTS ONLY. NO Photo Negatives, X-Rays, or heavy plastics. Staples do not need to be removed, limit 5 bags/boxes per person.
Thank you Senator Pat Browne, and Rep. Gary Day for Sponsoring the Shredding Event on April 4, 2020 at Grange Park!
*Other TV/Electrical Disposals- If you have missed the Electronic Recycling event, below are two other options:
AERC — 2591 Mitchell Avenue, Allentown, PA (off Emmaus Ave.) Open to Public on Fridays only from 9-4. Small fee for TV’s *** Does not accept Appliances.
FreeCycle– 795 Roble Rd,Allentown (Near LV International Airport) 610-217-3868 Drop off Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 9-12 and 1-4. Also the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9-12 noon. There may be a fee.
OTHER RECYCLING EVENTS:
Lehigh County has Household Hazardous Waste Events. For details on the upcoming Hazardous Waste Even Click Here.
- Cardboard Recycling Containers
- Senior Discount
- List of Materials to be Recycled
- Refuse/Recycling Map: Zoned Pickup Days
- Recycling Cart Instructions
- DEP Covered Device Recycling Act 108
- PA Department of Environmental Resources
Requirements to protect the quality of our groundwater and other important environmental concerns are also addressed here. Please review them all carefully and abide by them. By following the rules of responsible environmental stewardship, we can all work together to keep our home community clean and green. Thanks for doing your part!