For the convenience of our residents, Upper Macungie Township provides property owners with two ways to properly dispose of leaves and yard waste.
- Curbside Pick-Ups twice a year by our Public Works Department (generally May and October)
- A Yard Waste Drop-Off Site located on Grim Road, across from the Township Office Building
Spring 2022 Curbside Yard-Waste Pick-Up: Wednesday, May 11th
One-time curbside pickups of yard-waste occur semi-annually, once in the Fall (October) and once in the Spring (May).
See restrictions and Accepted items below:
- Accepted Items- leaves from trees, garden residue, shrubbery trimmings, and tree trimmings.
- Limbs and branches tied and bundled to a maximum of 48″ x 18″ x 18″.
- If branches and limbs are not tied and bundled, they will not be picked up.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS, STONES, LUMBER, GRASS CLIPPINGS OR ROOTS WILL BE COLLECTED!
- Items improperly bagged or bundled will not be accepted.
- Leaf waste can be placed in open trash containers, no larger than 32 gallon capacity and less than 60 pounds.
- A combined maximum of six (6) bundles or containers per household will be collected.
- PLEASE PUT YOUR YARD-WASTE OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PICK UP.
IF YOU MISSED THE PICK-UP DATE: Yard-wastes may be deposited at the UMT Yard Waste Drop-off Site located on the corner or intersection of Schantz & Grim Roads, next to the Public Works garage. Drop-off services is made available ONLY to Township Residents. Contractors and businesses are NOT permitted to use this facility.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Site Hours: Grim Road across from the Township Building.
DROP-OFF INSTRUCTIONS: Closed on observed UMT Holidays in addition to Federal Holidays. Please call if you are unsure of hours.
- UMT residents may drop-off grass clippings, leaves, shrubs and small trees (including Christmas Trees)
- Shrubs and small trees no longer than 4 feet long and 5 inches wide are accepted.
- All waste must be removed from bags
- Please remember that grass must be separated from other yard-waste.
While you’re there, pick up some free mulch in May!
The Township offers FREE mulch year-round as an added benefit to residents. During the month of May only, Township staff are available to help residents load their vehicles.
- This mulch is for Township Residents only, weather permitting and first come first serve.
- Township Staff are available Saturdays and Sundays in May ONLY from 9am- 1pm to help load
Call ahead for mulch availability 610-395-4892.
Public Works Building
8550 Schantz Road
Breinigsville, Pa 18031