As a courtesy to all Upper Macungie Township residents, UMTPD officers will conduct security checks of your home, at your request, if you are leaving town on vacation.
IMPORTANT: Residents requesting vacation house checks must secure all doors and windows before leaving. Any open doors and windows will be investigated by an officer and the house will be secured. In addition, we strongly recommend that you designate a local point of contact for our officers as well as list the best way we can contact you in case of an emergency. All residential check information is private data and will not be shared with the public. Information on this form will only be shared internally for the purpose of checking on your home.
PLEASE NOTE: Police service calls, especially in emergency service calls are our department’s main priority. Therefore, this may affect our ability to check your home. Submitting this request does NOT guarantee 24-hour home protection.
THE POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL NOT CHECK HOUSES THAT ARE:
- Homes that are vacant, for sale or under construction
- Homes in which the owner is in an extended care facility
- Homes where someone will be staying in the house(children, friends or family)
HOW TO SET UP A VACATION CHECK REQUEST:
- Print/Fax/Mail: Print The Vacation Check Request Form, then fax or mail it to 610-841-4922, or 37 Grim Road, Breinigsville, Pa. 18031.
- Call: Contact the Upper Macungie Township Police Department by phone at (484) 661-5911 during regular business hours.
The Upper Macungie Township Police Department hopes you have a wonderful vacation! We hope that our services and suggestions will make your return safe and easy. Please note that any change in your return date must immediately be reported to the Upper Macungie Township Police. This is for your safety as well as the safety of the police officers that serve you. If you have any questions, please contact police headquarters at 484-661-5911. Thank you.