Inspections are required by Upper Macungie Township and are completed by Township Inspectors. To schedule any inspection call 610-395-4892 . Re-inspection fees apply.
Important Inspection Information:
- Fee Schedule
- Call 48 hours in advance. Use the permit number and the address shown on the permit card when calling for inspections. Permit holders give this information to onsite workers.
- Footers: Before pouring concrete but after forms, holes and trenches are complete. Tie-downs when required.
- Foundation: After coating before backfill.
- Slab/Rebar/Trench & Anything Below Grade: (i.e. plumbing, mechanical or electrical) before they are covered.
- Foundation location must be submitted to the Zoning Officer for approval prior to framing. Submit PA registered land surveyor’s sealed originals only – no faxed copies accepted.
- Sewer Lateral Connection: Call 610-395-4892 x 132
- Rough Inspections: Frame, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, air tests and hydrostatic test (sprinklers) after fire caulking is completed but before insulating or closing walls or concealing piping.
- Insulation: Before drywall. Supply Energy compliance information (onsite) and Certification of any blown in insulation.
- Wallboard: Installed but not taped.
- Final Above Ceiling: Before acoustical ceiling tile (ACT) installation.
- Final Grading & Site Work
- Final Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Energy, Mechanical, Fire Protection & Accessibility: If applicable.
- Balancing Report for HVAC work.
- Certificate of Occupancy will be issued within five (5) business days after all inspections are satisfactorily completed and recorded.
- Always call before you dig – Pennsylvania One-Call system, Inc. Call 811 or on the web www.pa811.org
- Before any curbs are cut or removed contact Keystone Consulting Engineers at 610-395-0971 to schedule an inspection.
Lehigh County Authority
1053 Spruce Street
PO Box 3348
Allentown, Pa 18106
- A minimum of two (2) weeks advanced notice is needed to schedule a fire flow pump test.
- Phone requests must be followed up in writing including the location of the test, type of test, duration of the test, and maximum flow rate (GPM) anticipated during the test.
- Please schedule as close to 10am as possible to minimize the impact on LCA’s operation.