Upper Macungie Township continues to monitor the constantly evolving COVID-19 situation. This page will be updated regarding COVID-19 Resources, and Township-specific information as it becomes available.
Thank you Home Depot for your generous donation of Pandemic Supplies to the UMT Emergency Responders.
Last Updated: October 16, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
A Mail-In Ballot Drop-Off Box is now at the UMT Municipal Building (8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031)
It is located in the lobby, available between the hours of 7:30am Monday- Friday and is under constant surveillance.
Possible Exposure, Cleaning & Disinfecting Tips- Businesses & homes:
- Possible Exposure Guide- self quarantining, exposure, or testing positive
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines from the PA DOH & OSHA
- Resources for Businesses and Employers from the CDC
If you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus- CALL your health care provider before visiting their office.
Hospital hotlines for phone screenings- to determine if you need a Coronavirus test:
- LVHN: 1-888-402-LVHN and ask for MyLVHN to be screened
- ST. LUKE’s: 1-866-785-8537, option 7
- COVID- 19 Testing Fact Sheet
COVID- 19 General Virus Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- PA Governor Tom Wolf Press Releases
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
- COVID-19 Exploited by Malicious Cyber Attackers
Referral Resources for Lehigh County Residents: Dial 211 (Pennsylvania 211 East)
- (4/9/20)Pennsylvania 211 East is a free, confidential, non-emergency, comprehensive information and referral service that connects Lehigh County residents with the health and human services they need. DIAL 211 to get connected to resources regarding:
- Clothing, Food and Housing/Shelter resources
- Health Services
- Aging Services
- Counseling- general, Substance Abuse, General Support Groups
Resources for these services are detailed in this PDF. You can reach 211 by dialing 211 or (855) 567-5341 or visit their website at PA211East.org/Lehigh
Referral Resource for Eldercare
- Eldercare Locator– a public service connecting elder Americans to services for older adults and their families maintained by ALC. The Eldercare Locator can be accessed here and via phone at 1-800-677-1116.
- This service is information only. For Example: if someone calls regarding meal delivery, they would be referred to Lehigh County Meals on Wheels
Financial Relief Resources (Business & Personal):
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is expected to offer loans that could assist businesses affected by COVID-19. Information will be posted to www.dced.pa.gov/resources as it becomes available.
- The Strategic Early Warning Network- administered by the PA Department of Labor & Industry. Offers resources to help small and medium-sized business, including business planning resources and contingency planning, at www.steelvalley.org/coronavirus
- The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry- has a webpage dedicated to helping businesses deal with coronavirus concerns at www.pachamber.org/coronavirus
- Employees who are unable to work because of COVID-19- may be eligible for Unemployment Compensation or workers’ Compensation. The Department of Labor and Industry offers guidance to employees at www.uc.pa.gov/Pages/covid19.aspx
- Mortgage Relief – The primary “Investors/Insurers” have issued guidance to loan servicers (banks) on possible forbearance for homeowners who are experiencing financial hardships as a result of Coronavirus disease. Additionally, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has issued guidance addressing mortgages and banking. Please see the following links:
- HUD (FHA Insured Mortgage): https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/Main/documents/LossMitigation-Guidance-Single-Family-Stakeholders-March2019.pdf
- Fannie Mae: https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/servicing
“We are actively monitoring reports about the possible spread of the coronavirus (i.e., COVID-19) in the United States, and understand that you may have concerns about its potential impact on borrowers and your business. We want to remind servicers that you can offer forbearance in accordance with our existing policies to assist borrowers who are unable to make their monthly mortgage loan payment as a result of a temporary hardship (for example, if a borrower is quarantined and unable to work). The servicer should evaluate the borrower for a forbearance plan or other workout assistance in accordance with our existing requirements. View our Servicing Workout Hierarchy for details”
- FHFA (The Federal Housing Finance Agency regulates Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the 11 Federal Home Loan Banks) https://www.fhfa.gov/Media/PublicAffairs/Pages/Statement-from-FHFA-Director-Mark-Calabria-on-Coronavirus.aspx
- OCC: https://www.occ.gov/news-issuances/bulletins/2020/bulletin-2020-15.html
- Price Gouging – PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro asks consumers who believe they’ve been victimized to email his office — email@example.com — with the name and location of the store, the product, and the price. They can also send pictures.
Upper Macungie Township Municipal Information:
Thank you again to Home Depot for your generous donation of Pandemic Supplies to the UMT Emergency Responders.
The Municipal Building is open, but access to the public is limited to the main entrance/foyer area. We will not be accepting any bill payments in person at this time (see below). Additional cleaning and disinfection will occur, especially on high-contact areas such as door handles, and hand sanitizer is available in all public spaces. Please do not come into the building unless necessary.
All Public Meetings will occur as scheduled unless specifically mentioned above. The meeting room will be sanitized before and after each public meeting and hand sanitizer will be available for public use. Due to Governor’s Wolf orders, social-distancing measures will be in place and the capacity of the meeting room will be limited. Should you feel uncomfortable attending the meeting in-person, comments can be submitted until 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Board of Supervisors’ meetings will be live-streamed on our Facebook Page which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/UpperMacungieTownship/.
Meeting agendas will be posted at minimum three days prior to the meeting and can be found on our website here www.uppermac.org/agendas/.
The Upper Macungie Township Tax Office is CLOSED until further notice. The Tax Collector’s phone number is 610-481-9191 – voice messages left at that number will be returned as soon as possible.
Sewer/Refuse Bills and Tax Payments
We are unable to accept any bill or tax payments in person at this time, but you have multiple options for making a payment:
- For Sewer/Refuse Payments Only – online at www.uppermac.org/sewer-payments/
- Mail a check or money order accompanying the payment stub to Upper Macungie Township, 8330 Schantz Rd, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Drop Box located outside the Sewer/Refuse/Tax Door between 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Please have your payment and payment stub inside an envelope.
- After Hours Drop Box – a locked mailbox is located on the left side of the Township driveway as you enter the complex from Schantz Road.
**** Your check is your receipt. No physical receipts can be provided unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is included with your payment.****
**** The Sewer/Refuse/Tax entrance and payment counter will remain closed until further notice.****
Yard Waste Drop-Off Site
Operating on normal schedule.
Parks, Playgrounds, and Pavilions
Upper Macungie Township parks are open for use; however, playground equipment is not being sanitized and the public is discouraged from using them. Athletic Fields are closed. Pavilion rentals are suspended until further notice. Public restroom facilities are closed until further notice.