MINIMUM INFORMATION REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION
A minimum of two (2) copies of construction documents, calculations and submittal data shall be provided with permit application permitting evaluation of the system PRIOR TO installation. The permit application shall clearly designate the system, as being required for compliance with the International Fire Code 2009 and International Building Code 2009 and N.F.P.A. standards.
Construction documents. Construction documents for fire alarm systems shall be submitted for review and approval prior to system installation. Construction documents shall include,but not be limited to, all of the following:
- A floor plan which indicates the use of al room.
- Locations of alarm-initiating and notification appliances.
- Alarm control and trouble signaling equipment.
- Power connection.
- Battery calculations.
- Conductor type and sizes.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Manufactures, model numbers and listings information for equipment, devices and materials.
- Details of ceiling height and construction.
- The interface of fire safety control functions.