For Zoning Board meeting information, agendas, and minutes Click Here.
The Purpose of Zoning Review: To assure the appropriate use of land insofar as a variety of subjects are concerned, including but not limited to:
- To keep proposed land uses consistent with those permitted by the Zoning Ordinance and Map.
- Limiting the intensity of building by assuring the setback of buildings, parking lots, etc., from property lines.
- Checking the amount of impervious surface created by building, parking lots, etc., that may affect storm water runoff.
- Registering and controlling the expansion of “grandfathered” (called non-conforming) features and activities that do not conform to current regulations.
- Temporary events
The Process of Zoning Relief:
Those wishing to conduct a new activity or install a new physical feature on a given property within the Township, apply for a zoning permit with a standard application (available at the Township) with all pertinent plans and information. Zoning permits are issued if the activity or structure proposed conforms to the Zoning Ordinance. Otherwise, the applicant is contacted explaining the deficiency(ies). The applicant whose permit is denied has the option of appealing to the Zoning Hearing Board by completing a Zoning Appeal Application.
Zoning Hearing Board meetings are usually held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM, are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend. Appeals – with all pertinent information – must be received at the Township approximately four weeks prior to the hearing, in order to meet State advertising requirements. For a detailed schedule of meeting dates and submission deadline dates 2017 Zoning Hearing Board & Planning Commission Submission Deadlines
For Zoning and Code Enforcement Questions contact
Kyle Kuester at 610-395-4892 or email@example.com
Zoning Hearing Board:
Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM, are only held if a Zoning Appeal or Special Exception Application has been submitted. The meetings are open to the public and all township residents are encouraged to attend. Current monthly meeting schedule.
The Upper Macungie Township Zoning Hearing Board consists of five members appointed for three year terms:
Michael J. McCrystal – Chairman
Donald W. Peters – Vice-Chairman
Paul A. Szewczak – Member
Kenneth D. Kratz – Member
Robert R. Rabe – Member
Todd A. Greenawalt – Alternate
Vacant – Alternate
Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor:
Steckel & Stopp Law Offices
PO Box 156 1036 Main Street
Slatington, PA 18080-0159
Note: Printed copies of the 2011 Zoning Ordinance are available for $35.
- Zoning Appeal Application
- Zoning Escrow Agreement & W-9 (required with ALL Appeal submissions)
- 2018 Zoning Permit Fee Schedule
- 2018 Zoning Appeals, Hearings, Reviews & Other Fees Schedule
- Code of Ordinances
- 2018 Zoning Hearing Board & Planning Commission Submission Deadlines
- Upper Macungie Township Zoning Map
- Upper Macungie Township Street Classification Map
- Zoning Permit Applications:
- Authorization for Entry of the Premises
- Complaint Form
- Use Review Form
For Home Occupation information Click Here.
Emergency Contact Forms
We also encourage Upper Macungie Businesses to regularly complete an Emergency Contact Form in the event we need to contact you. Please remember to update this information whenever you change your contact information (home or work phone or fax number). Complete and fax to Stephanie Grim at 610-395-9355.