Yard Waste Drop-off Site & Information
Public Works Building
8550 Schantz Road
Corner of Schantz & Grim Road
Breinigsville, Pa 18031
For your convenience, Upper Macungie Township provides property owners with the means to properly dispose of their leaves and yard wastes. We conduct curbside pickup twice a year in the spring (May) and the fall (October).
SPRING CURBSIDE YARD-WASTE PICKUP:
There will be a one time only Spring, curbside pickup of yard-waste on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 for LEAVES, GARDEN RESIDUE, SHRUBBERY & TREE TRIMMINGS.
- Limbs and branches tied and bundled to a maximum of 48″ x 18″ x 18″.
- If branches and limbs are not tied and bundled, they will not be picked up.
- No roots will be accepted.
- Leaf waste can be placed in open trash containers, no larger than 32 gallon capacity and less than 60 pounds.
- A combined maximum of six (6) bundles or containers per household will be collected.
- PLEASE PUT YOUR YARD-WASTE OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PICK UP.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, STONES, LUMBER OR GRASS CLIPPINGS WILL BE COLLECTED!
If you miss the pickup date: Yard-wastes may be deposited at the UMT Yard Waste Drop-off Site. UMT’s Yard Waste Site is located on Grim Road near the intersection with Schantz Road, next to the Public Works garage. It is a service made available exclusively to township residents.
Contractors and businesses are NOT permitted to use this facility.
UMT residents may drop-off grass clippings, leaves, shrubs and small trees. All waste must be removed from bags. Please remember that grass must be separated from other yard-waste. Shrubs and small trees no longer than 4 feet long and 5 inches wide are accepted.
While you’re there, pick up some free mulch in May! Click here for more information.
Should you have any questions, please contact Public Works at 610-395-4892 or email them at email@example.com.
Yard Waste Hours: