Yard Waste Drop-off Site & Information
Public Works Building: 8550 Schantz Road (Corner of Schantz & Grim Road)
Breinigsville, Pa 18031
For your convenience, Upper Macungie Township provides property owners with the means to properly dispose of their leaves and yard wastes. We conduct curbside pickup twice a year in the spring (May) and the fall (October).
CURBSIDE YARD-WASTE PICKUP: October 3, 2018. Semi-annually each year, there are Fall (October) and Spring (May) one-time curbside pickups of yard-waste for; leaves from trees, garden residue, shrubbery trimmings, and tree trimmings. See restrictions below.
- Limbs and branches tied and bundled to a maximum of 48″ x 18″ x 18″.
- If branches and limbs are not tied and bundled, they will not be picked up.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS, STONES, LUMBER, GRASS CLIPPINGS OR ROOTS WILL BE COLLECTED!
- Items improperly bagged or bundled will not be accepted.
- Leaf waste can be placed in open trash containers, no larger than 32 gallon capacity and less than 60 pounds.
- A combined maximum of six (6) bundles or containers per household will be collected.
- PLEASE PUT YOUR YARD-WASTE OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PICK UP.
IF YOU MISSED THE PICK-UP DATE: Yard-wastes may be deposited at the UMT Yard Waste Drop-off Site located on the corner or intersection of Schantz & Grim Roads, next to the Public Works garage. Drop-off services is made available ONLY to Township Residents. Contractors and businesses are NOT permitted to use this facility.
NOTE: The Drop-off Site will close at 3:00pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
DROP-OFF INSTRUCTIONS: UMT residents may drop-off grass clippings, leaves, shrubs and small trees. All waste must be removed from bags. Please remember that grass must be separated from other yard-waste. Shrubs and small trees no longer than 4 feet long and 5 inches wide are accepted.
While you’re there, pick up some free mulch in May! Click here for more information.
Should you have any questions, please contact Public Works at 610-395-4892 or email them at email@example.com.