Yard Waste Drop-off Site & Information
Public Works Building: 8550 Schantz Road (Corner of Schantz & Grim Road)
Breinigsville, Pa 18031
The yard waste drop-off site will be CLOSED on 12/24/16 & 12/31/16 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
For your convenience, Upper Macungie Township provides property owners with the means to properly dispose of their leaves and yard wastes. We conduct curbside pickup twice a year in the spring (May) and the fall (October).
CURBSIDE YARD-WASTE PICKUP: There will be a one time only seasonal curbside pickup of yard-waste on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 for LEAVES FROM TREES, GARDEN RESIDUE, SHRUBBERY & TREE TRIMMINGS.
- Limbs and branches tied and bundled to a maximum of 48″ x 18″ x 18″.
- If branches and limbs are not tied and bundled, they will not be picked up.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS, STONES, LUMBER, GRASS CLIPPINGS OR ROOTS WILL BE COLLECTED!
- Items improperly bagged or bundled will not be accepted.
- Leaf waste can be placed in open trash containers, no larger than 32 gallon capacity and less than 60 pounds.
- A combined maximum of six (6) bundles or containers per household will be collected.
- PLEASE PUT YOUR YARD-WASTE OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PICK UP.
IF YOU MISSED THE PICK-UP DATE: Yard-wastes may be deposited at the UMT Yard Waste Drop-off Site located on the corner or intersection of Schantz & Grim Roads, next to the Public Works garage. Drop-off services is made available exclusively to township residents. Contractors and businesses are NOT permitted to use this facility.
DROP-OFF INSTRUCTIONS: UMT residents may drop-off grass clippings, leaves, shrubs and small trees. All waste must be removed from bags. Please remember that grass must be separated from other yard-waste. Shrubs and small trees no longer than 4 feet long and 5 inches wide are accepted.
While you’re there, pick up some free mulch in May! Click here for more information.
Should you have any questions, please contact Public Works at 610-395-4892 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.