TO COMPLETE THE SHED APPLICATION: ZONING PERMIT ONLY
FILL IN THE FIRST SIX LINES OF THE APPLICATION FORM:
• Skip PIN & Zoning District
• Check Accessory Structure Box.
• Brief Description of Work: Write Shed and its Dimensions, e.g. (8’ x 12’)
IN THE CONSTRUCTION BLOCK:
• Fill in Cost of Construction, Start and Completion Date; List the Contractor Name, Address and Phone Number. If property owner is doing the work, write in Homeowner.
• Skip Plumbing or Electrical, unless the shed will have either installed to it.
• Date and Sign Application.
• Fee: $50.00 – Cash or Check made out to: UMT or Upper Macungie Township
A site plan showing the shed location needs to accompany application. If your house was built after 1995, there should be a Foundation (As-Built) Location Plan on file with the building permit for the home and this document should be used for the site plan. If you do not have a copy we will gladly get one for you. If As-Built Plan is not available, take 8.5” x 11” piece of paper and draw approximate location of property lines, home, driveway, other buildings or structures and shed location with measurements to property lines. For information on your property, go to: www.lehighcounty.org, under Departments – Assessment, then Search Records and Property Address. Type in your address and a property profile is available.
Shed setback is ten (10’) feet from side or rear property lines, cannot be placed in front yard. All corner lots have two (2) front yards, each side of lot with street frontage. Front yard setbacks vary by Residential Zoning District from R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, RU1.5, RU3.
A shed shall not be placed in any active easement or right-of-way. PP&L, Buckeye Pipeline and other companies may give written permission to locate in easement or right-of-way depending on shed location.
Final Inspection is required when the shed is complete, it is not necessary for homeowner to be present for inspection. Call the Zoning Officer to schedule inspection.
Contractors must supply the Township with a Certificate of Insurance showing Workers’ Compensation & General Liability Insurance and list the Upper Macungie Township, 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031, as a certificate holder.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG, 1-800-242-1776 or 811 or www.pa811.org
3 DAYS NOTICE IS THE LAW – PA ONE-CALL SYSTEM