Building Permit Application Requirements:
- One completed application form signed by the property owner or the owner’s agent.
- Site plan showing the entire property dimensions and any active easements. Show the position of the proposed addition and it’s dimensions. Show distances from the front, side and rear property lines. Show existing buildings or structures on the property. If the home was built after 1995, there should be a Foundation (As-Built) Location Plan on file with the building permit and this document should be used for the site plan.
Specifications and Scope of Work:
- Floor Plans are required.
- Provide engineered drawings for the trusses including the snow load.
- Provide information for wall sheathing, siding, insulation, studs, fire blocking, interior finish, flooring and sub-flooring. Also show any electrical, plumbing, mechanical or other work being completed under this permit. Show the location, depth, width and rebar information for the footings.
- Provide an Energy Compliance Statement.
- Provide Smoke Detector information.
Insurance and Licensing
All contractors doing work in Upper Macungie Township must have proof of insurance and Upper Macungie Township should be listed as a certificate holder. If the policy does not include Worker’s Compensation coverage, we need a notarized exemption from insurance form.
Plumbers and Electricians are required to obtain a license from the township to do work.
Contact person – Ken Molony at 610-395-4892.