Refuse and recycling pickup will be on a weekly basis. New residents must come into the township building to fill out a moving permit. You will then be informed when your trash cart will be delivered (for new construction only), which zone you are in for trash pickup, and what day your pick up will be. Please review the important information below.
- WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT! Check the Holiday Pick-up schedule below
- Upper Macungie Township provides each newly constructed home with one trash cart (you may select any size) and one recycle bin.
- You may purchase ONE additional trash cart per residence.
- Cart Purchase: Your second cart must be purchased. There are three different sizes as pictured above; NOTE: Price in the 2017 Newsletter is outdated
- 35 gallon cart for $40
- 65 gallon cart for $50
- 95 gallon cart for $60
- You may purchase as many recycle bins as you feel you need.
- Each Recycle Bin is $8.50 and has a capacity of 18 gallons.
- PLEASE NOTE: The carts and recycling bins are not returnable.
- The Township will not exchange used trash carts or recycle bins for new ones.
- Trash carts may be used for recycling if they are clearly labeled for recyclables.
WASTE MANAGEMENT WEATHER & SERVICE UPDATES:
Occasionally changes to customer waste collection schedules are necessary. This schedule is updated regularly, so please return occasionally for the latest information. Residents can also check WFMZ closings regarding the status of Waste Managements closing.
All complaints or missed pickups should be directed to Waste Management at 1-800-869-5566. Please take note of who you are speaking to should further action be required.
PICK UP INFORMATION
ONE-TIME YARD-WASTE PICK UP: May 10, 2017 Upper Macungie Township offers residents one-time curbside yard-waste pick up each year. Waste MUST BE PROPERLY PREPARED- Max of 6 containers. Open commercial trash containers only, no larger then 32 gallons weighing less than 60lbs. Branches must be tied/bundled to a max size of 48″x18″x18″ weighing 60lbs or less. Please see the UMT Newsletter for more details.
- ACCEPTED: leaves (from trees, bushes & plants), shrubbery clippings, tree trimmings
- NOT ACCEPTED: grass clippings, roots from trees or shrubs, lumber
BULK ITEM PICK UPS: At no additional cost, Upper Macungie Township residents may put out a single (one) bulk item for pickup per week. Please put the one bulk item 2 to 3 feet from your cart on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
WHITE GOODS PICKUP: For all white goods pickups such as: freezers, refrigerators, stoves, etc… all doors must be removed. Please call Waste Management to schedule the pickup. Their number is 1-800-869-5566.
WASTE MANAGEMENT REFUSE DISPOSAL
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2017
WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT!
JANUARY 2, 2017 NEW YEAR’S DAY (observed)
MAY 29, 2017 MEMORIAL DAY
JULY 4, 2017 FOURTH OF JULY
SEPTEMBER 4, 2017 LABOR DAY
NOVEMBER 23, 2017 THANKSGIVING
DECEMBER 25, 2017 CHRISTMAS
PLEASE NOTE FOR HOLIDAY PICK UPS ONLY: If your service falls on or after the above holidays you will be picked up one day later. In other words, a one day delay.
Please place your trash cart out for collection the night before your pick up day at curb/or grass area several feet away from the mailbox, landscaping, or telephone poles. It should not be placed on the street. Your recycle bin can be placed several feet from the cart. As a reminder any trash placed outside your cart will not be collected. However, you can purchase another cart with no additional monthly cost. Residents are allowed to have a maximum of two 95 gallon carts.
- 2016 Refuse/Recycling Map: Zoned Pickup Days
- Trash Cart Instructions
- 2016 Recycling and Trash Newsletter
- 2015 Waste Management Holiday Schedule
- Senior Discount
- Additional Links