Refuse and recycling pickup will be on a weekly basis. New residents must come into the township building to fill out a moving permit. You will then be informed when your trash cart will be delivered (for new construction only), which zone you are in for trash pickup, and what day your pick up will be. Please review the important information below.
- WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT! Check the Holiday Pick-up schedule below
- Upper Macungie Township provides each newly constructed home with one trash cart (you may select any size) and one 35 gallon recycle cart.
- You may purchase ONE additional trash cart per residence.
- Cart Purchase: Your second cart must be purchased. There are three different sizes as pictured above; NOTE: Price in the 2017 Newsletter is outdated
- 35 gallon cart for $40
- 65 gallon cart for $50
- 95 gallon cart for $60
- PLEASE NOTE: The carts are not returnable.
- The Township will not exchange used trash carts or recycle carts for new ones.
WASTE MANAGEMENT WEATHER & SERVICE UPDATES:
Occasionally changes to customer waste collection schedules are necessary. This schedule is updated regularly, so please return occasionally for the latest information. Residents can also check WFMZ closings regarding the status of Waste Managements closing.
All complaints or missed pickups should be directed to Waste Management at 1-800-869-5566. Please take note of who you are speaking to should further action be required.
PICK UP INFORMATION
ONE-TIME YARD-WASTE PICK UP: October 4, 2017 Upper Macungie Township offers residents one-time curbside yard-waste pick up each year. Waste MUST BE PROPERLY PREPARED- Max of 6 containers. Open commercial trash containers only, no larger then 32 gallons weighing less than 60lbs. Branches must be tied/bundled to a max size of 48″x18″x18″ weighing 60lbs or less. Please see the UMT Newsletter for more details.
- ACCEPTED: leaves (from trees, bushes & plants), shrubbery clippings, tree trimmings
- NOT ACCEPTED: grass clippings, roots from trees, Christmas Trees, or shrubs, lumber
BULK ITEM PICK UPS: At no additional cost, Upper Macungie Township residents may put out a single (one) bulk item for pickup per week. Please put the one bulk item 2 to 3 feet from your cart on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
WHITE GOODS PICKUP: For all white goods pickups such as: freezers, refrigerators, stoves, etc… all doors must be removed. Please call Waste Management to schedule the pickup. Their number is 1-800-869-5566.
CHRISTMAS TREES: Must be dropped off at the Yard Waste Drop-Off Site. See hours below.
WASTE MANAGEMENT REFUSE DISPOSAL
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2017/2018
WHEN IN DOUBT, PUT IT OUT!
January 1, 2018 New Year’s Day
May 28, 2018 Memorial Day
July 4, 2018 Independence Day 1 day delay for W, Th, F routes
September 3, 2018 Labor Day
November 22, 2018 Thanksgiving Day 1 day delay for Th, F routes
December 25, 2018 Christmas Day 1 day delay for T, W, Th, F routes
PLEASE NOTE FOR HOLIDAY PICK UPS: Service will be delayed one day for the entire week if there is a holiday. In other words, a one day delay.
Please place your trash cart out for collection the night before your pick up day at curb/or grass area several feet away from the mailbox, landscaping, or telephone poles. It should not be placed on the street. Your recycle bin can be placed several feet from the cart. As a reminder any trash placed outside your cart will not be collected. However, you can purchase another cart with no additional monthly cost. Residents are allowed to have a maximum of two 95 gallon carts.
- 2016 Refuse/Recycling Map: Zoned Pickup Days
- Trash Cart Instructions
- 2016 Recycling and Trash Newsletter
- Senior Discount
- Additional Links