Operation Safe Stop Program
Thank you to all residents who have been patient as we have transitioned from the BLRPD to our new police department.
Parents, please take note that we have already resumed BLRPD’s Operation Safe Stop Program and have been out in full force making sure that our bus stops are safe. It is certainly not too late to nominate any bus stop in Upper Macungie Township. Just email (or call us) with the stop location and times, and the rest is up to us. We are also continuing to do vacation checks on residences, and again, this request is simply an email or a phone call away.
What is Operation Safe Stop?
“Operation Safe Stop,” a program designed to keep your children safe at their bus stops.
The program has four main goals:
1. Allow Upper Macungie Township residents the opportunity to nominate school bus stops throughout the jurisdictional area. These bus stop locations, nicknamed “Safe Stops,” would be placed on a list located in the Upper Macungie Township Police Station.
2. Increase officer presence throughout all listed bus stops through the use of marked and unmarked police vehicles and through foot patrol.
3. Prevent violations of Pennsylvania Vehicle Code section 3345, (Meeting or Overtaking a School Bus) by motorists.
4. Apprehend and cite those motorists who fail to stop for flashing red signals on school buses.
To nominate your bus stop (no matter how big or small), simply contact Investigator Peter Nickischer and provide the following information:
- Bus stop location (exact)
- Bus stop times (either morning, afternoon, or both).
As seen on our police patch, the Upper Macungie Township Police Department is “Committed to Service.” We are proud to serve our residents and look forward to an exciting 2013.
As always, stay safe!
Sgt Peter Nickischer- firstname.lastname@example.org
Det. Adam Miller- email@example.com
Ptmn. Pamela Mathias- firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper Macungie Township Police Headquarters: 484-661-5911
Lehigh County Non-Emergency: 610-437-5252
Lehigh County Emergency: 911
Sgt. Peter Nickischer
Upper Macungie Police Department