INFORMATION TO FINISH BASEMENT
Please obtain a copy of the 6 page ICC permit application. Complete all sections that apply to the work you want to do. We need three copies of all documentation and one completed application. Building, Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical code questions e-mail Ken Molony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application must be signed by the Property Owner or the Owner’s Agent. Homeowners may do their own work, all work no matter who performs it needs to be inspected.
A Floor Plan is required. Specific information regarding wall sheathing, insulation, interior finish, ceiling joists, fire blocking, studs, flooring and sub-flooring must be detailed. Also show any electrical, plumbing, mechanical or other work to be completed under this application for permit.
Emergency egress compliance is required.
Grinder pump installations should be cleared with Upper Macungie Township Authority prior to submitting application.
All contractors need proof of insurance and Upper Macungie Township listed as a certificate holder (8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031, 610-395-9355 fax). If the policy does not include Workers’ Compensation coverage, we need a notarized exemption form.
Plumbers and Electricians need a license prior to starting any work.
Follow the Instructions on the application for Sections 1, 2 & 4.
- Section 3 – Contractors Information: List all contractors that are doing work on the application and include addresses and contact information, include a certificate of insurance for each contractor listed (with Upper Macungie Township shown as a certificate holder) along with the application.
- Section 5 – Check improvement type and list proposed use of the Basement under Other (24) i.e. Finished Basement. Read and check the items that apply to your basement alteration.
- Section 6 – Electrical work, check yes or no and list amps, circuits, wire size, service outlets. Under Power Devices list the number of receptacles, switches, lights, fans, appliances, etc. List the PPL job number in this section if applicable.
- Section 7 – Plumbing work, check yes or no and enter the number of items.
- Section 8 – Mechanical work, check yes or no and enter the number of items and the heating source.
- Section 9 – Other, use it to provide more detail about your project.