Independent Park Rentals
The Township is in the process of selling this property, and is no longer accepting new reservations. Thank you.
Independent Park is the ideal place for your special event whether it be a wedding, birthday, shower, corporate event or business meeting! Rentals can range from a minimum of four hours to our two-day Wedding Package. Independent Park is now open to non-residents of Upper Macungie Township!
Independent Park, an ADA Accessible facility, contains two rent-able rooms; The Main Room which is the large main room with a capacity of 100 people and The Meeting/Multipurpose Room with a capacity of 40 people. Renters of the Main Room can enjoy the use of the beautiful second floor deck, and the prep-kitchen (no stove) which is perfect for outside caterers or clients who are preparing their own food. Our facility does not provide catering or linens, so we do not restrict our clients as to which caterers to hire, or what type of food can be brought into the facility. We do however recommend clients hire licensed caterers.
MAKE A RESERVATION FOR YOUR SPECIAL EVENT TODAY!
SCROLL DOWN to see Rental Instructions, helpful links and pictures. Email or call UMT Recreation at email@example.com (610)-395-4892 x130
Meeting Room/Multi-Purpose Room
PRICING & RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS: (Click photo for prices)
- CHECK AVAILABILITY: email or call firstname.lastname@example.org, (610)-395-4892 to see if your date is available.
- PUT YOUR DATE ON HOLD: Dates can be put on hold blocking them out from rental for 5 business days (30 days for Businesses). Clients can then submit the rental application, rental fee payment, and security deposit all together at one time to the township office building.
- PAYMENT- MAKE YOUR RESERVATION OFFICIAL: Submit The Rental Application, Rental Fee Payment, and Security Deposit at the same time to the UMT Office Building. Payment under two weeks prior to reservation must be in CASH.
- Make sure all important details are completed on the Rental Application such as having alcohol and contact information. Layout and headcounts can be updated at a later date
- Rental time must include your set-up and cleanup time. Additional time can be added for a fee. See below for details
- UMT Office Building- 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville PA 18031. Hours of operation are Monday- Friday 7:30am-4:00pm. Upon receipt, a confirmation email with important rental details will be sent.
Rental Time and Rental Fee Details: Facility rental is by the hour, for a minimum rental time of four hours. Your Rental Time (Reservation Time) must include the time you will need for set-up/decorating and clean-up. Clients can add time onto the minimum four hours of rental for a fee. See below to decide which room and rental package best fits your needs!
- Main Room Basic Rental– The Main Room has a minimum of 4 hours at $300.00 for Residents, $350.00 for Non-Residents. Hours can be added onto your rental time for $50/hour. There is a $200 Security Deposit.
- Meeting Room Basic Rental– The Meeting Room is rented for a minimum of 2 hours at $40/hour for Residents, $60/hour for Non-Residents. Hours can be added on at $40/hour. There is a $100 Security Deposit.
- The Wedding Package- allows 8 hours to be split over two days without adhering to the 4 hour minimum per day. $700 for residents, $750 non-residents). Hours can be Hours can be added onto your rental time for $50/hour. There is a $200 Security Deposit.
Security Deposit– the security deposit is due with your rental application and rental fee. This is NOT a payment deposit, and will be refunded after your event pending any damage, added rental time, or cleaning above and beyond normal use.
- Security Deposit Refunds- Immediately after your event, the facility is inspected. The Security Deposit will be refunded, pending that inspection shows no damage and or cleaning above and beyond normal use. Refund checks take at least up to two weeks to be processed and mailed out.
Holiday Fee– A staffing fee of $75 is applied if your reservation falls on or near a holiday. This is a flat fee, and does not increase if your rental time increases.
Alcohol Fee– A staffing fee of $75 is applied if you decide to have alcohol at your event as we are then required to have a staff member present in the building for the duration of your reservation. This is a flat fee, and does not increase if your rental time increases. A Certificate of Insurance must be also be purchased. See isntructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HAVING ALCOHOL: If Alcohol is being served, we requires a $75.00 staffing fee, as well as a one day Certificate of Insurance. Alcohol will not be permitted without receiving these. See details below.
- Circle on the Rental Application that Alcohol will be served and add the $75.00 fee to your total rental fee.
- Purchase a Certificate of Insurance (COI) or Special Events Policy: COI’s can be purchased from your Homeowner’s Insurance OR by using online companies. The name on the COI must also sign the application.
- Please see the second page of the Rental Agreement for COI requirements. Not all carriers will issue the binder, if your insurance company does not, there are websites that we can discuss with you.
- COI Requirements- located on the second page of the Rental Application in the Alcohol Liability waiver.
- Bullet #4 is the amount $1,000,000.00. Bullet #8 is the wording for “Certificate Holder/Additional Insured”
- Certificate Holder or Additional Insured- type verbatim
- “the township, it’s elected officials, officers, appointees, employees, agents, and independent contractors, or assigns”
- If you add alcohol after your application has been submitted we request two weeks notice to have time to schedule our staff, and receive your COI.
Call 610-395-4892, press “175” for the answering service during evenings and weekends should any problems occur during rental of this facility.
FACILITY DOCUMENTS AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
DIRECTIONS: From Route 100, turn onto Schantz Road heading WEST and proceed 3.5 miles. Turn right onto Independent Road/Rt 863. Facility is on the left (the first driveway on the left).
VIEW PICTURES OF PREVIOUS EVENTS BELOW! Want to see your event on our website…SEND US YOUR PICTURES! email@example.com