Independent Park Rentals
PLEASE NOTE: Certain prices have changed effective January 4, 2016.
Scroll down for Rental Information!
Independent Park is the ideal place for your special event whether it be a wedding, birthday, shower, corporate event or business meeting! Rentals can range from a minimum of four hours to our two-day Wedding Package. Independent Park is only rented to residents and companies of Upper Macungie Township, however, non-residents may utilize a Resident Sponsor for their reservation.
Independent Park consists of two main areas which are available to rent. The Community room which is the large main room with a capacity of 100 people and the meeting room with a capacity of 40 people. Renters can enjoy the use of the beautiful second floor deck, and the prep-kitchen (no stove) which is perfect for outside caterers or clients who are preparing their own food. Our facility does not provide catering or linens, so we do not restrict our clients as to which caterers to hire, or what type of food can be brought into the facility. We do however recommend clients hire licensed caterers and suggest the caterer take a tour of the site prior to the event to ensure event success.
Please review the rental information and links below. For a showing of the facility during our work hours of Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm, or to make a reservation call UMT Recreation at (610)-395-4892 x130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. View our pictures on flip book or on Youtube!
Scroll down to see pictures of previous Events. Want to see your event on our website…SEND US YOUR PICTURES! email@example.com
- Call or Email UMT Recreation at (610)-395-4892 x130, firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure your requested date is available. We take reservations for dates up to two years out.
- Place your date on HOLD– We will hold your date (booked up to 2 years in advance) and block if from anyone else reserving it for 5 business days (30 days for Businesses) while you submit your application, full payment, and security deposit.
- The Rental Application, Rental Fee and Security Deposit are due at the same time. Payment under two weeks prior to reservation must be in CASH. Please make sure you fully complete the rental agreement with all event details such as; layout, event time, head count and whether you are having alcohol (see below). Please remember to include set-up and tear-down time in your hours requested.
- Rental Fee– reservations must be a minimum of 4 hours for $300.00. Hours can be added for $50/hour. The time frame rented must include your set-up and tear-down time and any deliveries.
- Security Deposit– a $200 security deposit is due at same time as your completed application and rental fee.
- Holiday Fee– If your reservation is on a date deemed a holiday there will be an additional staffing fee of $75.00
- Alcohol Fee– (Scroll down for full Alcohol instructions) If you are planning on having alcohol, there is a $75 staffing fee, and a Certificate of Insurance must be purchased. Please indicate this on your rental application.
- Mail in or Drop Off the Rental Application, rental fee and security deposit to Upper Macungie Township at 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville PA 18031. Hours of operation are Monday- Friday 7:30am-4:00pm. Upon receipt, an email confirmation with important rental details will be sent.
- Security Deposit Refunds- After your event, the facility is checked for missing items or damage. Pending that inspection, refunds checks are mailed out to the renter. Refund checks are cut twice a month on the 15th and 30th. Any missing items, damages, or additional rental time will be deducted from the security deposit.
- IF ALCOHOL IS BEING SERVED: There will be an additional $75.00 staffing fee as we are required to have a staff member present in the building. Alcohol will not be permitted until we have received your Certificate of Insurance (COI/Insurance Binder).
- Circle on the Rental Application that Alcohol will be served and add $75.00 fee to your total rental fee.
- Special Events policies can be purchased or acquired from your Homeowner’s Insurance carrier. Please see the second page of the Rental Agreement for COI requirements. Not all carriers will issue the binder, if your insurance company does not, there are websites we can suggest where special event COI’s can be purchased. The name on the COI must also sign the application.
- If you add alcohol after your application has been submitted we request two weeks notice to have time to schedule our staff, and receive your COI.
Call 610-395-4892, press “175” for the answering service on off-hours/weekends) should any problems occur during rental of this facility.
FACILITY DOCUMENTS AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
Download our brochure here.
To help us maintain the facility, we ask that you do the following:
- Remove all decorations.
- Place all trash in receptacles.
Your cooperation and help is greatly appreciated.
DIRECTIONS: From Route 100, turn onto Schantz Road heading WEST and proceed 3.5 miles. Turn right onto Independent Road/Rt 863. Facility is on the left (the first driveway on the left).
View Pictures of Beautiful Past Events!