Independent Park Rentals
Independent Park is the ideal place for your special event whether it be a wedding, birthday, shower, corporate event or business meeting! We also have a two day Wedding Package! Currently, Independent Park is only rented to residents and companies in Upper Macungie Township. Non-residents may utilize a Resident Sponsor if they would like to make a reservation.
The facility consists of two main areas which are available to rent. The Community room which is the large main room with a capacity of 100 people and the meeting room with a capacity of 40 people event. Renters can enjoy the use of the beautiful second floor deck, and the prep-kitchen which is perfect for outside caterers or clients who would like to bring their own food. Since we do not provide any food service we do not charge our clients to bring in food, and we do not restrict against any caterers!
- Call UMT Recreation at (610)-395-4892 x130 to make sure your requested date is available. We take reservations for dates up to two years out.
- Place your date on HOLD– We will hold your date (booked up to 2 years in advance) and block if from anyone else reserving it for 5 business days (30 days for Businesses) while you submit your application, full payment, and security deposit.
- The Rental Agreement, Rental Fee and Security Deposit are due at the same time. Payment under two weeks prior to reservation must be in CASH. Please make sure you fully complete the rental agreement with all event details such as; layout, event time (please remember to include set-up and tear-down time in your hours requested), head count and whether you are having alcohol (see below).
- Mail in or Drop Off the Rental Agreement, rental fee and security deposit to the Upper Macungie Township located at 8330 Schantz Road, Breinigsville PA 18031. Hours of operation are Monday- Friday 7:30am-4:00pm. Upon receipt, an email confirmation will be sent.
- Security Deposit Refunds- After your event, the facility is checked for missing items or damage. Pending that inspection, refunds checks are mailed out to the renter. Refund checks are cut twice a month on the 15th and 30th. Any missing items, damages, or additional rental time will be deducted from the security deposit. hours.)
IF ALCOHOL IS BEING SERVED your reservation will not be finalized until we receive an Certificate of Insurance (COI/Insurance Binder).
- Special Events policies can be purchased or acquired from your Homeowner’s Insurance Carrier. Please see the second page of the Rental Agreement for COI requirements. Not all carriers will issue the binder, please check with your insurance company. The name on the COI must also sign the application. COI’s can also be purchased through several web-based companies.
- If you are serving alcohol you must indicate as such on your Rental Agreement.
- We must be notified of your request to have alcohol two weeks in advance as we are required to have a staff member present at the facility during events that serve alcohol.
Call 610-395-4892 (press “0” for the answering service on off-hours/weekends) should any problems occur during rental of this facility.
FACILITY DOCUMENTS AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
The Rental Agreement
Download our brochure here.
To help us maintain the facility, we ask that you do the following:
- Remove all decorations.
- Place all trash in receptacles.
Your cooperation and help is greatly appreciated.
DIRECTIONS: From Route 100, turn onto Schantz Road heading WEST and proceed 3.5 miles. Turn right onto Independent Road/Rt 863. Facility is on the left (the first driveway on the left).